Traditionally, lines such as cable sections and ducts can be documented with geometry. In addition, NET offers the option of managing these network elements even without their own geometries. In this case, the elements are assigned to the higher-layer object, for example a trench.
The “Create and assign cables” workflow supports you in entering cable sections without geometry. In the workflow, the cables are produced in one step and assigned to the corresponding trench or duct.
Start the workflow in Workflow Explorer > TP workflows > Create and assign TP cable (without geometry) by double-clicking it, from the context menu or by clicking the button in the lower right area of the workflow explorer:
or in the trench or duct form in the respective context menu
This opens the workflow for creating cable sections without geometry.
1. The trench or duct to which the new cable is to be assigned must be selected. Click on the button to select a trench or a duct in the illustration.
2. It is possible to select either the trench (A) or a duct (B) from the trench cross section in the illustration.
3. If you select the trench and ducts are assigned to it, the occupancy overview opens. This is where the element to which the cable section is to be assigned is selected. In the example, the new cable is allocated to one of the microducts in the microduct composite (see 5c).
4. Confirm your choice with .
5. The selected line element will be displayed in the form. Click on the button to highlight the element in the illustration or to remove the highlighting in the illustration.
5a. You can select whether the new cable is to be assigned directly to the trench/duct or
5b. to one of the subordinate elements.
5c If the cable is to be assigned to one of the subordinate elements, these can be selected in the window.
6. Depending on the type of cable to be created, the user chooses here between FO, coaxial and TP cables. If the workflow was started in the context menu of the trench or duct, this selection must be made. If the workflow was started in Workflow Explorer, the cable type “Telephony” is preset.
7. Both individual cables and several cables of one type can be created at the same time. The number is determined by the user.
8. Selection of the cable type. All cable types defined for the selected cable class are displayed. For more information on the cable type, see Creating a cable type. If the corresponding cable configuration has been stored for the cable type, the wires are created with the corresponding numbering and color schemes.
9. If the higher-layer element has a designation, this can be transferred to the cable. However, a designation can also be permanently entered. If a designation is entered and several cables are created, they will be numbered consecutively after the designation.
10. Click on the button to create the cable sections according to the user’s specifications.
The newly created and assigned cable appears immediately in the trench cross section.