If you are working with ducts without geometry, you have various options for keeping the duct lengths up to date.
On the one hand, you can specify in the NET options whether the duct lengths should always be recalculated automatically. For very large projects and complex segment processing, this can waste time.
If this option is deactivated, the duct lengths must be recalculated after extensive processing of the segements and reassignments of ducts to further segments/ducts.
This is done by the Recalculate duct lengths workflow.
Start the workflow in Workflow Explorer > Duct workflows > Recalculate duct and cable length by double-clicking it, from the context menu or by clicking the button in the lower right area of the workflow explorer:
The following dialog opens:
1. The lengths of all ducts in the project can be recalculated.
2. The length of a selected duct can be recalculated.
3. The objects can also be selected in the graphic. If this option is activated, the selection is made using the "Select features" button and the selected objects are displayed in the window.
4. For the recalculation of the length, all subordinate ducts can be included.
5. For the recalculation of the length, all connected ducts can be included.
The workflow is started with and ended with .
The length of an individual duct can also be updated in the duct form via the Edit menu:
This updates the length of the selected duct and of the subordinate ducts and cables.