New points and lines can be inserted in four different processes:
- inserting via a point/line form
- digitizing via the map
- using an existing element as a prototype
- inserting via the element library
Inserting via a point/line form
This is the only one of the four possible variants with creation of new points/lines without using the illustration.
1. Open the point or line form from Industry Model Explorer > Utility > Point or Line > Right-click > Display form.
2. Select the “New record” button from the toolbox in the form:
3. You can enter the attributes for points/lines in the open (now empty) form.
4. Press the F5 button or the Insert button (F5).
5. In the dialog that opens, select the detailed feature class of the newly created point/line and confirm the selection with “OK”:
Digitizing via the map
This makes it possible to create a new element quickly.
1. Select the command in the context menu of the point/line via Industry Model Explorer > Utility > Point or Line > Right-click > Digitize or “Digitize with form”.
2. Digitize the point/line in the illustration. If you want to connect to existing objects, you must pay attention to the object snap. The cursor switches to the digitizing mode (a simple cross).
3. In the dialog that opens, select the detailed feature class of the newly created point/line and confirm the selection with “OK”:
Using an existing element as a prototype
In contrast to the second variant, in this case, the attributes of a prototype element are applied to the newly created element. This allows specifically created points/lines to be virtually copied. (This variant is not available for all point/line elements.)
1. Open the point or line form from Industry Model Explorer > Utility >
Point or Line > Right-click > Display form.
2. Click on the New (prototype) button in the form:
3. Digitize the point/line in the illustration.
Inserting via the element library
As an extension of the prototype concept, you can save various prototypes in the element library and use them quickly and easily as templates for new elements. You can find out how to create elements in the element library in Element library.
1. Activate the element library by clicking on the element library button in the Industry Model Explorer task window:
2. The element library opens:
The respective entries for an element-library group are displayed.
3. The context menu is opened by right-clicking on the entry. Various commands can be executed there.
|Digitize||New objects can be digitized with this prototype as a template.|
|Digitize with form||New objects can be digitized with this prototype as template, then the corresponding record is opened in the form.|
|Create without geometry||A new object with the properties of the prototype is created, but without geometry.|
|Apply existing geometry||An existing geometry is used for the new object; this can be a polyline or a point, for example.|
|Display entry in Library||The corresponding record in the element library is opened.|
|Open Prototype||The record for the prototype is displayed in the respective form.|
4. The last command executed (checked) is restarted by the next click (left mouse button) on the respective element. In the example, the cursor is immediately in digitizing mode.
If an existing geometry is to be applied, the cursor is in selection mode.
No other elements can be created from this prototype if the prototype element is deleted.