Trays are required to deposit splices, fibers and splitter paths. The tray type determines the number of splice locations available.
The “General” home tab contains general information, such as name, type installation location and references to connections.
|Name||The name of the tray is displayed in the same way as the name scheme was selected when the tray was created. If no name was assigned on creation, the name can subsequently be entered or changed here. (1)|
|Number||The number of the tray is displayed. (2)|
|Type||The tray type is displayed. Double-clicking in the list box opens the form for the Tray Type. New records can be created. (3)|
|Points||The feature class and the name of the point where the tray was created are displayed. This may be either a closure or a terminator. (4)|
|Installation location||The installation location (side of the closure, patch panel, etc.) of the tray is displayed. Double-clicking in the list box opens the form for the installation location. Clicking on opens the form for the current point; clicking on opens the forms of the points for all filtered trays. The button highlights the point in the graphic. (5)|
|Connections||The connected objects are displayed under Connections: (6)
The number of splices located in the tray is displayed. Clicking on opens the detailed form for splices with the corresponding splices in the filter. (a)
The number of fiber–connector connections located in the tray is displayed. Clicking on opens the detailed form for connectors. (b)
If fiber ends have been placed in a tray, they are displayed under Laid fibers. Clicking on opens the form for fibers. (c)
If splitters have been assigned to a tray, they will be displayed. Clicking on opens the form for the splitter. (d)
Tray/closure-side installation location
You can define the installation locations of trays yourself. The form is opened by double-clicking in the “Installation location ... in” field in the FO Tray form.
Installation locations for trays can be, for example, in side A or side B of a closure or the correspondingly named patch panels in terminators.
Various information about the installation location can be managed. If you want to change an existing record, start editing the current data by clicking on the button. Click the button to add a new record for the installation location.
1. The ID of the installation location / closure side is displayed.
2. This is where you enter the short value.
3. Enter the name of the installation location / closure side here.
4. The date when the record was created can be specified.
5. The person who created the record can be entered.
6. A comment on the installation location / closure side can be entered here.
7. Only active installation locations / closure sides can be selected from the drop-down list in the detailed form for trays.
8. A priority for the installation location / closure side can be assigned.
9. Clicking on lists all trays that use the current the installation location / closure side. The button displays all trays to which an installation location / closure side has been assigned in the filter.