When working with NET Engineering, users can set various options that the program then uses by default.
The form is opened by clicking on the button on the “Setup” tab in Group > “Options” or in the “NET” tab in Group > “Settings” by clicking on the button.
1. Patches can only be switched if a work order has been created beforehand. If you do not check this box, patches can also be created without a work order.
2. Specification of the automatic length of a patch.
3. With this option, only as many wires can be created as defined in the cable type.
4. The options for TP cable loops can be set.
a) A message can be displayed if the loop is no longer on the cable geometry.
b) You can specify whether the user length of cable sections should be recalculated always, on demand or never.
5. The maximum number of network paths to be displayed as a result of the network-path search can be specified. If a network-path search takes a very long time, this can be accelerated with a smaller number of network paths to be displayed.
Grouped splice display tab
Here, users have the option of controlling the graphical representation of the splice illustration.
1. Specification of the distance between groups.
2. Specification of the maximum length of the splice-group line.
3. You can specify whether the cable name should be listed in addition to the fiber designations in the splice illustration.
1. The following default values can be set for the connection editor:
a) A name for the technical port can be specified. This is displayed in the connection editor and can still be edited there.
b) You can specify whether a patch should be created as start patch by default.
c) You can specify whether a patch should be created as permanent patch by default.
2. The following settings for the connection editor can be made:
a) If the option is active, multiple connections are allowed.
b) You can specify whether the cable name is only displayed as a column if all cables is selected.
c) You can specify whether the connected elements on the opposite side are selected automatically during disconnections.