For the further processing of data that have been delivered in shape format, they can be imported into NET. For this purpose, it may be necessary to define an area, establish a shape connection and carry out the bulk copy. If you want to import the entire shape file, you can proceed to Shape connection.
If only a subarea of the file to be imported is to be converted, it must be cropped accordingly. To do this, the shape file must be opened in the illustration.
1. The shape layer is selected in the display model and the query for data filtering is opened.
2. A geometric filter with the “Search on the map” function is defined and Polygon, for example, is selected.
3. You can choose whether to create or select a polygon in the command bar.
4. The geometric filter is assigned to the layers.
5. The shape layer is displayed only within the selected border.
The shape must then be exported to a new directory and name.
Connection to the new directory
Bulk copy for cropped shape
The cropped shape file can easily be dragged from the directory into the graphic window and thus opened.
1. In the display model, the context menu can be opened on the data container to view the data connection.
2. The shape name is important for performing the bulk copy.
1. In the display model, the context menu must be opened on the data container to start the bulk copy.
2. The following dialog opens:
a) On the left side, the shape file is selected under Source.
b) On the right side, the database is selected under Destination.
c) The attributes associated with the shape file selected under (a) are displayed. These can be selected individually or in total.
d) the assignment to the database must be defined:
I. The project has to be selected
II. The feature class to which the shape file is to be imported is to be selected.
III. The attributes associated with the feature class can be selected.
e) The assignment from (c) and (d) can be stored and reloaded as desired. The assignment configuration for the bulk copy is saved in XML format.
f) “Copy now” starts the bulk copy.
3. A warning will appear to continue or cancel the bulk copy.
4. A dialog box will open to display a log. The number of exported objects is displayed. Click OK to complete the bulk copy.