It can happen that user profiles are stored incorrectly in AutoCAD. In this case, the “Data maintenance” workspace will no longer be displayed or there will be error messages when opening projects in AutoCAD, for example. Furthermore, the menu bars of the NET modules may be missing.
If this happens, we recommend that you reset your user profile in AutoCAD by taking the following steps.
- Close AutoCAD Map 3D.
- Open Windows Explorer. Make sure that hidden files are displayed.
- Type %appdata% in the address bar and press Enter. (This will take you to C:\Users\Username\Appdata\Roaming)
- Go to the Autodesk folder
- Locate the folder corresponding to the product where the fault occurred. For example, the folder name for Map3D 2021 is “Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2021”.
- Rename this folder by adding a suffix, such as “.save”.
- Go back to the address bar and type %localappdata% and press enter. (This will take you to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local)
- Follow steps 4, 5 and 6 for this location as well.
- Open the registration editor (REGEDIT).
Goto HKCU\Software\ Autodesk\AutoCAD\ Rxx.x\ACAD-xxxx:xxx
Note: Rxx.x is the version of AutoCAD Map 3D, but is expressed in an internal Autodesk name. For example: AutoCAD 2019 = R23.0, AutoCAD 2021 = R24.0
You can find the string here in the “ARX version” column.
- Note: ACAD-xxxx:xxx is a more detailed version identifier. If you have multiple products and/or languages of the same numeric version, you may find several of these under the registry entry Rxx.x. Map 3D 2019 English is, for example, ACAD-2000:409.
- Note: Rxx.x is the version of AutoCAD Map 3D, but is expressed in an internal Autodesk name. For example: AutoCAD 2019 = R23.0, AutoCAD 2021 = R24.0
- After you have identified the correct ACAD-xxxx:xxx string, also rename it by adding the suffix “.save”.
Close the registry editor and start AutoCAD Map 3D. Briefly, you will see the installer dialog box that informs you that AutoCAD will be set up for this user.
- After AutoCAD has been started, the “Data maintenance” work area must be selected.