The “General” home tab contains general information, such as the type and assignment to a cable trace. The incoming and outgoing cables are displayed. All splices created in the closure can be viewed at a glance in Details. More detailed information about this is displayed in the Wires/splices tab.
|Name||The name of the point to the closure is displayed or can be entered. Clicking on the button opens the form for the current point or, with , for all points in the filter. (1)|
|Type||The closure type assigned to the closure is displayed. Double-clicking on the list box opens the detailed form for managing the various closure types. (2)|
|Status||The status assigned to the closure in the point form is displayed. (3)|
|Installation location||The installation location assigned to the closure in the point form is displayed. (4)|
|Connections||The incoming and outgoing cables in the closure are displayed. Clicking on the cable name with the right mouse button opens the following context menu:
The form for the cable can be opened, the course can be highlighted in the illustration, the displayed alias name can be changed and reset, and the flow can be reversed. The cable can also be topologically removed from the terminator and a breakdown can be set. (5)
|Cable trace||If the closure is assigned to a cable trace, the name of the cable trace is displayed here. Double-clicking in the list box opens the form for the cable trace. New records can be created. (6)|
|Switching point / structural system||If the closure has been assigned to a switching point and/or a structural system, such as manhole or cabinet, the name or FID can be seen here or can be selected from a drop-down list. The higher-layer point can be selected from the illustration with and highlighted in the illustration with . The button opens the form of the assigned switching point. (7)|
|Closure data||The data managed in the point form for the closure are displayed here. Information for the closure can be stored. (8)|
|Details||The various wires and the ways they are connected in the closure are displayed. Clicking on opens the corresponding forms or overviews. If services are available in the terminator, these can be displayed. (9)
The number of splices created in the closure is displayed. The number of inactive splices is displayed separately. Clicking on opens the corresponding overview. (10)
|Documents||This displays whether documents have been attached to the form. (11)|
The “Wires/splices” tab shows the connections of the wires to wires and pins, as well as the open wire ends in the terminator.
1. The name, type and status of the closure are displayed as in the “General” tab.
2. The connections of the wires and splices are displayed
2a. The name of the cable section is displayed
2b. The name of the wire and the type of connection (wire–wire connection) as well as the corresponding splice, possibly with a service, are displayed
2c. Wires without connections (open) are displayed
Context menu for the cable section
Context menu for the wire
Context menu for the splice
Context menu for the service
Various workflows can be started via the “Edit” menu.
1. The connection editor can be opened. More information on working with the connection editor can be found here.
2. Incoming and outgoing cables can be added to the terminator from the illustration as well as from the database.
3. All splices in the closure are recorded in a work order as to be reconnected. This workflow is used for replacing the closure. The connections documented in the work order can be restored identically.
4. The equipment of the current closure is taken over by an already existing closure with regard to the elements generated.
Various overviews and splice plans can be opened via the “Overviews/reports” menu.
|With splice illustration created||Without splice illustration created|
1. A splice plan in the grouped form will be drawn in a new file.
2. A splice plan in the detailed form will be drawn in a new file. The detailed splice plan opens as a single-fiber diagram.
3. For splice overviews, the grouped or detailed splice overview can be opened in each case.
4. The splice illustration can be drawn in and removed in the illustration.
5. The service overview opens the form for the services with all services in the filter that are assigned to the element or subordinate elements.
6. The forms for the labels created can be opened.