Information about the cable type, cable trace and the wires contained in the cable section can be found in the “General” home tab. More detailed information can be found in the Wires/services tab.
|Name||The name of the line to the cable section is displayed or can be entered. Clicking on the button opens the line form for the current cable section or, with , for all cable sections in the filter. (1)|
|Type||The cable type assigned to the cable section is displayed or can be selected from a drop-down list using . The detailed form for managing the cable types is opened by double-clicking in the list box.
If a cable type is selected for which the necessary fields have been filled out in the associated detailed form under cable configuration, the wires are generated automatically. (2)
|Status||The status assigned to the cable section in the line form is displayed. (3)|
|Category||The cable category assigned to the cable section is displayed or can be selected from a drop-down list using . Double-clicking on the list box opens the detailed form for managing cable categories. (4)|
|The point where the cable section starts (start point) or ends (end point) is displayed and described in terms of feature class, name and installation location. The direction of the cable section can be reversed by pressing the button. (5)|
|The cable metering at the start and end points can be entered. The length resulting from these measurements is stated in the details of the cable. (6)|
|Trunk||If the cable section is assigned to a cable trace, the name of the cable trace is displayed here or can be selected from a drop-down list using . Double-clicking in the list box opens the form for the cable trace. New records can be created. (7)|
|Wiring||The numbers of wires connected to services are displayed under wiring. The percentage utilization is also shown here. The numbers of services and customers are displayed. The form for services or customers is opened via the button. New records can be created. (8)|
|Cable section data||The data managed in the line form for the cable section are displayed here. Information on the cable section can be stored. (9)|
|Details||The number of wires present in the cable section is displayed. Clicking on the button opens the detailed form with all the wires in the filter. The wire type assigned to the wires is displayed. (10)
The user length from the associated line form is displayed and can be altered. Only the CAD length and the length calculated from the cable metering are displayed. (11)
|Assignments||The number of segments assigned to the cable section and the total length of those trenches are displayed. Clicking on the button opens the detailed forms for the segments.
It is displayed how many ducts the cable section has been assigned to and the total length of these ducts. Clicking on the button opens the detailed forms for the ducts.
It is displayed how many spares have been assigned to the cable section and the total length of these spares. Clicking on the button opens the detailed forms for the spares.
|Breakdown||If there are breakdowns affecting the cable section, the number of faulty wires and services is displayed here. Clicking on opens the corresponding detailed forms of the wires, services and breakdowns. (13)|
|Documents||This displays whether documents have been attached to the form. (14)|
The “Wires and Services” tab shows whether each wire is connected to a service or not.
1. The name of the cable section is displayed.
2. Wires marked with a yellow circle have been connected to a service. Clicking on the plus sign in front of the wire displays the name of the service.
3. Wires marked with a black circle have not been connected to services.
Context menu for the cable section
|View of wires||View of services|
If you select “Expand all”, the entire tree view is displayed. The view does not need to be opened individually for each wire/service.
Context menu for the wire
Context menu for the service
A connection overview can be displayed via “network exploration”.
Various workflows can be started via the “Edit” menu.
1. Start and end points can be assigned to the cable section from the database or the graphic. This is particularly important when cable sections have been created without geometry and thus the corresponding points cannot be recognized via the geometry.
2. The cable section can be disconnected from the start and end points.
Before disconnecting, the following message will appear:
You can then decide whether to continue or cancel the process.
3. If cable sections have been created without geometry and assigned to segments or ducts, and if the geometries of the latter have been changed, the lengths of the cable sections can be updated.
4. The attributes of the wires assigned to the cable can be changed via a dialogue window. The wires can be renumbered as well as renamed.
5. A dialog opens, with which the desired number of wires—defined by type, designation scheme and wire color—can be generated. For more information on this topic, please see Creating wires. This operation is only necessary if no cable configuration for the cable type has been recorded, as described for the Cable type field.
6. The structure for the current cable section (with regard to wires) is adopted from an existing cable section.
7. The cable can be assigned to several segments via a tracing, a map selection or via an existing duct/cable.
8. The cable can be assigned to further segments.
9. The cable can be assigned to further segments/ducts.
10. Additional cable lengths in manholes, cabinets or underground installations can be documented as cable loops.
11. If cable loops have been documented on the cable, and if calculation of the user lengths is specified to be on demand or never in the NET Settings, then the user length can be subsequently calculated from the cable loop.
12. The following dialog will open for coloring cable sections:
Here, you can opt for one or more cable sections. In addition, the coloring can be made dependent on the cable color, the percentage utilization or the absolute utilization. You can also specify which geometry is to be used for the temporary cable-trace line.The colors for the utilization of a cable are defined in the NET Settings:
1. Color definition for absolute utilization
2. Color definition for percentage utilization
3. Predefined standard color
Color values can be added and removed using the and buttons. The value and color must be specified.
13. The coloring can be removed again with one click.
The Splice plans for the selected cable section or all cable sections in the filter from a network tracking can be opened via the “Overviews/Reports” menu.
The Endings overview can also be opened. The individual fibers, start and end points, wiring with services, fiber color, etc., are depicted in the end overview.